mount airy casino resort:Grains100
Members of the Grains100 complete a 10-week program which combines online and face-to-face learning experiences. During the program, participants can expect to:
- further develop high-level leadership skills
- hone persuasion and communication skills with the confidence to engage on all levels about modern grain production
- confidently communicate industry issues and share industry success stories (with media and their community)
- further develop stakeholder engagement skills and techniques
- expand their network of like-minded individuals
Cohorts for each ensuing schedule are aligned according to GrainGrowers’ priority policy and advocacy themes: trade and market access; grain freight and supply chains; workforce; biosecurity; carbon and climate; and farm inputs.
Why Grains100? By participating, you will cultivate your leadership and communication skills, whilst also honing the abilities necessary to make meaningful contributions to the advancement of pivotal industry matters. This initiative empowers you to foster self-assurance, establish national connections, and receive the backing needed to voice your opinions and drive impactful initiatives within both your local community and at an industry level.
On completion of the 10-weeks, participants will be become part of the ‘Grains100’. This network of 100 voices will continue to engage with GrainGrowersand have access to:
- Attendance at invitation-only GrainGrowers events and briefings
- Speaking roles at GrainGrowers events
- Media opportunities
- Ongoing networking and regular catch-ups with the Grains100 cohort
- Continued professional development opportunities through invitation-only webinars and interactive sessions
As a member of the GrainGrowers Grains100, you will be joining a nationally valued and recognised group of Australian growers who collectively share a vision of creating a future-focused, sustainable and community-accepted grains industry for generations to come.
Grains100 is best suited to those who are:
- Currently a grain grower or involved actively in the grain industry
- Keen to enhance their grains industry leadership and advocacy skillsets
- Want to develop personal and professional skills, networks, and leadership knowledge
- An Australian citizen
The cost to participate is covered by GrainGrowers.
GrainGrowers will ensure that our programs continue to incorporate every member's perspective and experience. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status. GrainGrowers is committed to providing accommodations to all individuals in the application process and while participating in our development programs, including a carer stipend where applicable.
Meet Ashley Wiese
Ashley runs a family farm in Narrogin, which is in the Great Southern Region of Western Australia. It is a mixed enterprise farm with 75% of the land used for producing cereals, oilseeds and legumes. The other 25% is a legume based pasture being grazed with sheep for the production of wool and lamb.
Ashley produces quinoa which is cleaned, washed and packed on his farm. Ashley’s quinoa is supplied to Coles supermarkets through his “Three Farmers” Brand and Coles own branded product. Ashley also provides product to the ingredient market throughout Australia.
Ashley is a passionate oat grower for both grain and hay.